Men’s Artistic Gymnastics Coach
Renato joined the BG’s team in early 2017 via Brazil and was previously the head coach at Flamengo’s Gymnastics Club in Rio de Janeiro for 23 years.
He’s had a distinguished career having coached both the Brazilian National Senior team from 2002 to 2016 and the Brazilian Men’s National Team in 3 Olympic Games.
- Athlete’s achievement of 65+ medals in World Cups and World Championships.
- 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics, Brazilian team 6th place overall with team achieving:
- 2 silver medals (rings, floor).
- 1 bronze medal (floor).
- 2 athletes placing in top 15 all around, (9th and 15thplace)
- 7 finalists.
- 2015 Toronto Pan American Games, Brazilian team 2nd place overall.
- 2015 Glasgow, World Championship in Glasgow, Brazilian team 8th place overall.
- 2012 London Olympics, All-Around finalist.
- 2008 Beijing Olympics, Olympic floor finalist.
Trampoline and Tumbling Program Coach
As an athlete, Teresa started her career in artistic gymnastics and transitioned to the trampoline later in her career. She was a provincial champion in artistic gymnastics and a member of team Canada representing our country on the world stage in trampoline and DMT.
Her passion for coaching comes from a desire to help each athlete reach their full potential and realize the same positive experiences that she did as an athlete.
- Coached 40+ provincial champions and a number of national champions.
- Has had athletes represent Canada at World Age Group and Indo-Pacific Championships.
- Has held both regional and provincial team coaching positions.
- Has served on the Ontario Technical Committee.
- Has been an international level FIG Brevet judge for the past 4 Olympic cycles (16 years).